Follow What Has Already Been Revealed

Spread the love

Read Proverbs Chapter 29.

“Without revelation people run wild, but one who follows divine instruction will be happy.”  Proverbs 29:18

Revelation in this verse means direct, specific communication between God and people, a guiding communication from the Lord.  It can be in the form of a vision or dream, or it can be His written word. The primary essence isn’t the way it is revealed to you, but the message that is being conveyed.  It’s God’s will being revealed to you.

One of the primary questions I get asked is this: “How do I know what God’s will is?”

Eighty percent of God’s will has been revealed to all of us through His word, the Bible.  The Bible is a collection of revelations to 40 people who wrote them down over a span of 1500 years.  Moses is the one who comes to mind for most people, as he is the one God gave the 10 commandments too.

Did you know the 10 commandments are all about relationships?  The first four commandments are about our relationship with God.  The last six are about our relationship with others. It can be considered your quick start guide to good relationships:

  1. You shall have no other Gods before me
  2. You shall not make for yourselves an idol
  3. You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God
  4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy
  5. Honor your father and your mother
  6. You shall not murder
  7. You shall not commit adultery
  8. You shall not steal
  9. You shall not give false testimony
  10. You shall not covet

God has already revealed 80% of what we are to do to have life and have it to the fullest (John 10:10 NIV).  If we aren’t applying that to our lives, why should He reveal the other 20% to us? Often times, when it comes to God’s will, we miss the forest because of the trees.  We’re so focused on the details of a situation, we can’t see the whole of it. The whole part of the situation means looking at our part in it, objectively, honestly, completely.

If you’re looking for God’s will in your life, start with the divine instruction He’s already given us: His word.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *